GPIO Short for Haptic/Amplifier Enable

FTDI/Bridgetek EVE2 & EVE3 & EVE4 SPI TFT Series by Matrix Orbital

Moderator: Mods

mansen_motors
LCD?

GPIO Short for Haptic/Amplifier Enable

Post by mansen_motors »

So just realized I didn't dig deep enough in the manual to see that the haptic motor and audio amplifier are enabled using the GPIO pins. Side note... seems like an asterisk could be added to the pinouts in the datasheets to make this more clear ahead of time.

Since my board is already spun, and I'm only using the SPI interface (not QSPI which uses GPIO0 and GPIO1), I'm wondering if it would work to short GPIO0 -> GPIO2, and GPIO1->GPIO3, then use SQPI commands to control the AMP and Haptic through the EVE chip rather than using two IO pins on my microcontroller. I'm also pretty much out of IO pins there anyway, so even if I respin I'll have to add an IO expander, don't want to do this.

Anyone tried this?

Thanks!

mansen_motors
LCD?

Re: GPIO Short for Haptic/Amplifier Enable

Post by mansen_motors »

Actually as I'm reading more... I realize what I'm missing here, no shorting necessary right? Just set GPIO2 and GPIO3 as outputs and control them accordingly? Pretty sure this will work just fine..

Raquel
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Re: GPIO Short for Haptic/Amplifier Enable

Post by Raquel »

Hello,

Thank you for posting on the forum.
Yes, GPIO3 controls the motor and GPIO2 controls the amplifier power (there is a minor error in manual, will have this corrected).
Please note motor is active low, and amp power is active high.

Let me know how it turns out.

Best Regards,
Raquel Malinis
Design and Development
Matrix Orbital