EVE4x-40G-IPS Display Flicker and Speaker Not Working

FTDI/Bridgetek EVE2 & EVE3 & EVE4 SPI TFT Series by Matrix Orbital

Moderator: Mods

CraftyMyner
LCD?

EVE4x-40G-IPS Display Flicker and Speaker Not Working

Post by CraftyMyner »

Hello, I just received my EVE4x-40G-IPS display for evaluation. I powered up the display, connected it to the USB adapter and ran a few demo programs. Some of the programs did not show anything but garbage on the screen and some showed the demo content but scrolling and flickering. I gave up on that and went straight to the intended application, connected to an MCU. I got the screen to power up and show some content but it was still flickering and scrolling. After doing some digging around I found what appeared to be the correct timings (https://github.com/MatrixOrbital/EVE-Ba ... Eve2Conf.h). This now has the screen working but there still appears to be some flickering happening, see the video. (Note, flickering is worse in person) (https://www.dropbox.com/s/zpwyk3sxlo941 ... 2.MOV?dl=1)

I then got the haptic motor working, it appears to make the flickering worse when the motor was running. I checked voltage to the display in case there was some droop but its good (3.3V). I tried increasing the backlight pwm frequency but it only got slightly better. Do you have any ideas of where to go next? There does not appear too much in the way of documentation for the EVE4x series.

Side note, I could not get the speaker to work. I only get a very faint high pitch squeal out of it. I tried different notes/instruments/volumes. I do have the sticker removed from the speaker hole.

Thanks in advanced!

Raquel
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Re: EVE4x-40G-IPS Display Flicker and Speaker Not Working

Post by Raquel »

Hello,

Thank you for posting on the forum.
I have replied to your email via the tech support queue.
I also shared a *.exe for the EVE4x-40G to test the hardware.

It sounds like you are having a power issue. You mentioned that you are seeing 3.3V on the display, can you please tell me where you measured the voltage? When using the USB2SPI bridge, please make sure to supply power on the barrel jack 5-12V.

Thank you,
Raquel Malinis
Design and Development
Matrix Orbital