EVE3 BT815 with STM32f446 some widgets not working in the Screen designer

FTDI/Bridgetek EVE2 & EVE3 & EVE4 SPI TFT Series by Matrix Orbital

Moderator: Mods

Lixx.
LCD?

EVE3 BT815 with STM32f446 some widgets not working in the Screen designer

Post by Lixx. »

Hi

I am currently working on a Project with a custom PCB and the EVE3 Screen connected to it.
uC: STM32F4466RET6
Display: EVE3 BT815/816 4.3"

I'm using the EVE Screen Designer to generate the UI Code
Version: 4.8 RC2
as IDE I'm using the STM32 Cube IDE with CubeMX.
Version: 1.10.1

I got the C code working, and also managed to display some widgets etc, but the Problem I have, is that not every widget is displayable.
By not displayable I mean that its shwoing up in the Screen designer, but when I activate it in the C Code and run it on the HW, the screen doesn't display it, there is just nothing there (except the few widgets that are working)

How I add a widget in the Screen designer and activate it in the code so you can spot possible mistakes:
Screen designer:
- drag a Widget from "ESD Widgets" (f.e "ESD Fixed Point Label") into the .page file opened in ESD Screen designer
- rename it to Round_Speed_Test
- in the Project Folder add the Widget to one of the "Fixed Position"'s
- drag and set the Depth Sort of the Widget in a way that it's visible by the rendered preview (f.e now it shows 0.00000 in the middle at the bottom)
- Connect the "Float value" pin to a Variable (float) which was dragged into the Screen designer previously
- Save the file and let it generate the code

Cube IDE
- in the file "App_Generated.c" remove the "static" in "static App application;" because it throws an error if I leave the "static" there

Code: Select all

old: static App application;
new: App application;
- Activate the new widget by adding

"application.Usr_Hauptseite->Round_Speed_Test.Widget.Active = enabled;"
right below the existing one's (that already get displayed on the screen the right way), which is in a switch case structure to chose the right widgets

application.Usr_Hauptseite->Label_Speeds.Widget.Active = 1; //this one gets displayed on the HW
application.Usr_Hauptseite->Label_Bahn1.Widget.Active = 1; //this one gets displayed on the HW
application.Usr_Hauptseite->Label_Bahn2.Widget.Active = 1; //this one gets displayed on the HW
application.Usr_Hauptseite->Round_Speed_Test.Widget.Active = 1; //activate the new widget, but this one isn't getting displayed on the HW
- compile and download the code to the STM32

Now my Question is, can anyone spot any mistake that could cause the widget not to be displayed?
I'm 100% sure that the code above and the Refreshing of the screen Code gets executed, I checked it via Debugging

Or does anyone have a explanation on how I should add widgets the right way?
Like some tutorial or something like that, maybe I'm activating the widget the wrong way, idk...

Thank you in advance for your answers

Raquel
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Re: EVE3 BT815 with STM32f446 some widgets not working in the Screen designer

Post by Raquel »

Hello Lixx,

Thank you for posting on the forum.

For software enquiries, it would be best to please post the question to Bridgetek's forum:
http://www.brtcommunity.com/

Thank you,
Raquel
Raquel Malinis
Design and Development
Matrix Orbital