Poblems installing USB-drivers (VK202-25 USB)

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

Peter_Shaw
LCD?

Poblems installing USB-drivers (VK202-25 USB)

Post by Peter_Shaw »

Hello,

After installing another internal USB-device, I can't get my VFD working (VK202-25 USB). The problem occurs when I try to install the USB drivers: The first part of the installation is OK, but during the installation of the second driver the system seems to crash and the PC does a reboot. So it's not possible to install the second driver properly which means that I cannot control the display.
I tried the display installation on 2 different systems (both WIN XP) with the latest driver version (2.07).
I hope you can give me some advices.

Best regards,
Peter_Shaw

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

There's probably a mismatch in the driver versions, I have a copy of the latest ftdi drivers over here give those a whirl, I know the version number is lower then the ones on the website right now but we're transitioning to a new numbering scheme so its easier to tell what version of the ftdi drivers they are based on.

Peter_Shaw
LCD?

Post by Peter_Shaw »

Sorry, that didn't work. The first part of the installation was fine, during the second part the system rebooted.

Peter_Shaw
LCD?

Post by Peter_Shaw »

No ideas what's wrong?

Raquel
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Raquel »

Hello Peter,

I wonder if you please drop me an email at support@matrixorbital.ca, I would like more info on your display (eg. place and date of purchase).

Thanks,
Raquel Malinis
Design and Development
Matrix Orbital