Finally have the $ to spend on an MO display...

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

Mayhem
LCD?

Finally have the $ to spend on an MO display...

Post by Mayhem »

And of course I have a couple of questions:

What is the difference between the MX230, MX231, MX232, MX233, and MC234? Display color? And these are all LCD? I would really like a PC Bay 2-line USB VFD with black faceplate/bezel, does such a product exist?

Adam
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Adam »

Hello Mayhem,

The difference is the display colors. The last number indicates the LCD color. The second last indicates the type of overlay: 0 = Beige, 1 = Black, 2 = Silver Aluminum, and 3 = Black Aluminum. The MX2 indicates a PC Bay insert with LCD screen.

We should be releasing our VFD version later next week. The product code will be MX3xx, with the "x" indicating once again overlay type and display color using a filter. LCDC will also come with the unit as well as a 3ft external USB cable. You will be able to plug fans in directly to the unit as well as temperature probes. The Indicator will also work with the MX3.

We are currently finishing up on the manual. Once this is ready it will be available to the public. By teaming up with LCDC again we believe that this will be another exceptional product with the best quality and support on the market today. <:) And yes that was a little plug :D Sometimes I can be shameless :P
Adam L.
Sales Manager
Matrix Orbital

A nod is as good as a wink to a blind bat.

Mayhem
LCD?

Post by Mayhem »

Hi Adam:

Thanks for the prompt reply. I have been shopping LCD's for the past 6 months or so, and I am going to go with MO, best looking displays.

Like a little girl, I cant make up my mind, I was thinking about it last night, and I am thinking I might go with the 4-line VFD. 3 more questions then I promise I'll stop :)

1. Is the 4 line USB VFD on the MO radar?
2. Is there a specific advantage to going with USB instead of serial?
3. Does MO make an internal serial cable? I have an ASUS A7N8X MB, sure would be sweet to not have to run an external cable.

Thanks again for your patience.

Adam
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Adam »

Well, lets start in order shall we?

1. There is a 20 characters x 4 lines VFD USB version on the horizon. ETA- Unknown. Why you might ask, well this is because we are waiting for the keypad and aluminum overlays to be finalized. Meaning that we when we are happy with the samples we will go ahead.

2. The advantage would depend on your outlook. Do you want to go serial or USB in your communication? Do you want to have one cable (USB) or two (serial uses a power cable for power, and serial cable for communication)? I should mention that if you are planning on attaching fans directly to the unit you will need extra power and will therefore need both USB and a Standard Power Cable. I believe the 20x4 VFD when it comes out will need the power cable because the display itself draws more power than supplied by the USB cable.

3. Unlike other companies who give the appearance of a USB model (LIS cough) who actually communicate via serial and have a USB cable for power only, Matrix Orbital offers two types of USB cables. The 3ft external USB cable comes as the default with the unit. We also have a 2ft internal USB cable that will connect to any motherboard with an internal header. Please consult the manual for the motherboard pin out. The internal USB cable may be purchased directly from us or from any of our fine distributors around the world. <:) Yes that was another shameless plug. One other thing to mention while I’m ranting here, our aluminum overlays are made from real aluminum and not painted plastic. I just thought the world should know. :D
Adam L.
Sales Manager
Matrix Orbital

A nod is as good as a wink to a blind bat.

Mayhem
LCD?

Post by Mayhem »

Ahhh you speak like a sales guy... well you look at that, you are a sales guy :). In item 3, I was inquiring about the availability of an internal serial cable (in case I decide to go with the 4 line serial display). Is such a cable available, or do they still need to be custom made by interested users?

Thanks again for your prompt responses :)